Friday, February 22, 2013

Galentine's Day

I know this a little late in coming, but a trip to NYC and now a cold have kept its publication in the wings. So, now, I am pleased to present a post about Galentine's Day:



For those of you who are not Parks and Recreation viewers, Galentine's Day is best explained by the illustrious Leslie Knope:  "Galentine's Day is a banquet to celebrate my ladyfriends, independent of any relationships they may or may not be in. It's a fun self-esteem builder for you and your ladyfriends." This marvelous celebration occurs on February 13, and it really should be a national holiday. As soon as I saw the episode about Galentine's Day last year, I began planning my Galentine's Day party. I was thrilled when I got a great response from my friends, and I hosted a dinner party on February 13. We ate waffles, played mad libs, told stories, and celebrated one another. It was a wonderful self-esteem boost, and I am so thrilled it was a success. I plan on making it a tradition. 


Making gift bags for the guests


Before the Party

The Final Result


Good thing we don't take ourselves too seriously!

Old friends reunited
Chatting it up


Thank you to everyone who came to Galetine's Day! It was wonderful to celebrate our friendships together. I encourage my followers to start their own Galentine's Day tradition. Follow this link- Galentine's Day Planning Tips- to get great tips from Leslie Knope herself. It could end up being a yearly tradition for you, too. And that is the musing of a marvelous me! :)

1 comment: